How DevOps helps in accelerating digital transformation
The digital era is witnessing the modern businesses burgeon at the speed of the light. Every business is competing to stand out from the crowd by speeding up its procedures, amplifying the quality of the results, exceptional maintenance, and deployment, along with upgrading the conventional or existing tools and techniques of the organization. To keep up with the ever-changing technological world and stay ahead in the race, every business irrespective of their size and kind is joining the bandwagon of digital transformation. The shift empowers them to expand their horizon, offering them better exposure and platforms to conduct their market analysis and generate sales that contribute to better ROI.
Harmonized with Agile software development, DevOps is a software development approach that amalgamates software development and operations to speed up the software or application delivery with high quality along with trimming down the systems development lifecycle. It blurs out the lines between the development and operations team while makes them work together right from development through test to deployment and operations while providing better communication and collaboration between both the units.
DevOps has been making waves in recent times in the world of technology by enhancing the agility, performance, and productivity. The benefits of DevOps to a business include: shorter development cycle, code synchronicity, better quality of work, reduced risk, cost efficiency, immediate recovery, process automation, continuous integration and delivery, better technical scalability, agile development, and automated configuration management.
To gain a competitive edge and stay ahead, organizations choose DevOps to accelerate their digital transformation. There are multiple reasons why an organization would choose DevOps over other practices to be its partner in its journey of digital transformation. Some of them are :
1) Automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery: DevOps offers a complete and centralized view of the project status at different stages. There’s continuous monitoring and immediate recovery in case of any error. Automation lessens the human interventions, which reduces the risk of errors drastically, quickening the pace of your organization’s digital transformation.
2) Higher quality with lower costs : DevOps is equipped with numerous features as well as functionalities. With the collaborative efforts of development and operations units, there’s always a quick response to glitches, faster recovery, and enhanced quality at much lower costs.
3) Saves time : DevOps shortens the time consumed in overall application development to deployment process( or software development lifecycle) without compromising on the quality. The software releases of the organization are done without delay and back to back, which adds value to their brand image and offers a stronger hold on the market.
4) Flexibility to upgrade : With DevOps, organizations are empowered with agility and production readiness to respond quickly to technological changes in the market. It also facilitates the up-gradation of existing software, and incremental releases with additional features and functionalities help you captivate the market and retain the competitive advantage.
5) Collaborative efforts : The development and operations units work together to bridge the time gap and build the software with enhanced efficiency at a higher velocity. Shared responsibilities and accountability amplifies productivity with lesser ambiguity which helps an organization achieve their goals quickly.
DevOps accelerates many organizations digital transformation by leveraging numerous functionalities it is equipped with. The transitional shift becomes smoother, and it is one of the many reasons for every organization’s inclination towards it.
Lorhan Corporation has lead to the transformation of multiple businesses and assisted them to go digital and take their services to the next level of innovation along with training individuals in the IT domains of their interest to lead them to success. To stay updated with the latest revolutions in the IT industry follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Also leave a comment below on what topics you would like to read about next.